Wednesday 27 February 2013

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Mousse Make-up, Bargain price!

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish, shade: Sparkling  Blush 001
TK Maxx, £8, RRP £23-28

I went for an impromptu shopping spree this week, and couldn't believe my luck when I came across this in TK Maxx for the bargain price of £8! The bottle is beautiful, it just screams 'quality makeup!' It's so lightweight that I was worried there wouldn't be much foundation inside, but when you squeeze the pump, the  mouse expands and bubbles...
It feels a bit weird, I'll admit, but it makes it last a whole lot longer than your average foundation. It smells flowery and a bit like talcum powder which personally, I like, but I can imagine it would put a lot of younger people off.
The mousse is silky smooth to touch and doesn't feel heavy on your skin - it's actually very light and gives a translucent coverage, which you can build up to give a full coverage. I like this foundation because it doesn't clog the pours or cause break outs, (especially on MY skin which is very prone to break-outs!) and it doesn't dry out the skin. It's just very natural and perfect for hot summery days - I can guarantee it wont slide when you sweat!

left hand - with foundation
right hand - without.
 You can see in these pictures just how smooth the coverage is - the red and purple veins in my left hand were easily covered with one pump of the mousse and my skin tone just looks so much more even than my right hand.

A lot of people could be put off by the RRP price - especially broke students like myself - but after a few uses of this, I cannot go back to your run off the mill drug-store foundations - the difference in quality is amazing. So, if you are considering a splurge this week, I'd give this a go.

Oh, and here's a few other bits I bought this week, I won't go into much detail, I can imagine I'll be blogging about these very soon...
coral skirt - TK Maxx, £10
sleeveless shirt - Republic vintage, £22
Aloe Vera Vaseline - Primark, £1.20
Studded boots - Primark,  £20
White canvas flatforms - Dorothy Perkins, £20

5 comments:

  1. Canvas flatforms! Love em xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need to check out the elizabeth arden! And that coral skirt is gorgeous

    A little bit Unique

    x


    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely and definitely well worth it :) I always love Elizabeth Arden products :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foundation looks lovely, such a bargain!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That foundation is a bargain! Will have to try and get it cheap again!

    Be great if you could check out my latests outfit posts: Givenchy Rottweiler & my Boohoo Global Styler entry.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete